It is very rare these days to find an industry unaffected by the internet. Think back to how we used to catch up with friends before Facebook or how we got the best deal on insurance before websites like Moneysupermarket. The rise of online tutoring is another example of the internet clearly changing things for the better.
There are good reasons for tutoring such as boosting self esteem, keeping up with schoolwork or exam preparation. Over one quarter of school children have received tutoring, but people regularly complain that they simply cannot find a tutor when they need one. Not prepared to accept this situation, we are seeing increasing numbers of people coming direct to Tutorhub for online tutoring. It’s growing so popular that people are now turning to it in preference to traditional home tutoring.
So why is online tutoring proving so popular?
- Availability. You can find and contact a tutor immediately. Coverage in every subject – from anthropology to zoology if needs be.
- Convenience. You arrange sessions at a time most convenient to you. Delivered straight into your home via your laptop or pc.
- Price. We find that tutors offer lower rates as it saves on travelling time.
- Safety. It is much easier to monitor what is happening online than it is leaving a child at a tutors home. It is also reassuring to know that the tutors have been CRB checked.
- Technology. People prefer to work with the tech that they love. Our text based tutoring is similar to Facebook Chat, instant messaging and MSN.
The good news is that you still receive one-to-one support and can build a longer term relationship with a tutor.
All the gain and none of the pain. So why not give it a try?